Friday, June 10, 2011

A note to professors, deans, and heads of universities

I am sitting here at my friends graduation. I just got done with finals and I'm exhausted. Many of the families here have traveled a long ways to see their children graduate. There are many young children and babies that have very short attention spans, not they they understand what's going on anyway.

Why do you think it's necessary to have a string of monotone speeches from every member of the faculty that last for 30 min each??? This may be news to you, but NO ONE CARES!

Everyone is here to support one graduate. Maybe two. No one is going to remember these speeches a year from now, a month, a week, an hour, or even a minute from now because they aren't listening. We all just want to see our friends and family walk across the stage. That's it.

So get on with it!

2 comments:

  1. 30 minutes?? OMG I would so be sleeping by the time my family member made it up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I did fall asleep, several times. Unfortunately, I'd wake up and the same person would be talking. It was horrid.

    ReplyDelete