Thursday, July 21, 2011

not with a bang, but with a casual conversation

I just came out to my mom. Sorta.

The topic of my ex girlfriend came up, but my mom only knew some of the story and I'd referred to her as my friend. So I told her that we were together for a bit. My mom was totally cool.

I've heard such horror stories of kids coming out to their parents, but this was the lowest key version I've ever heard of. It was good. We aren't at the point where I think I could go around pointing hot women on the tv, but it's a good start.

My dad still doesn't know, but he doesn't really ask. I think my dad is happy with me not dating anyone, me being his daughter and him being a protective papa bear. He also tends to see things in black and white, so I'd like my sexuality to be a little less fluid and more decided before I say anything to him.

Although I'm sure my mom will mention it to him when I'm not around and she's had a few glasses of wine. That's probably for the best, he'll have time to process before talking to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment